Monday, November 15, 2010

Blog Post 6:Reflection on ES2007S

The journey of the module ES2007S has been both memorable and insightful for me. Ranging from brainstorming over problem solving; presenting and defending our ideas in peer teaching, oral assessment, oral presentation to writing resumes, application letters, proposals, blogs and giving mock interviews, we students have evolved from “taciturn listeners” to confident “attention seekers” dying to speak out and voice our opinion.

Although the module involved a considerable amount of workload, it was totally worth it. It helped me know how to face the real world, that is how to interact and communicate with people in different situations, how to face the job interviews and how to make presentations, all of which are important ingredients for success in this era.

I also learned about the 7’Cs; courtesy, correctness, conciseness, clarity, coherence, concreteness and completeness; which are an important aspect of the writing skills.

Before this module, I had not blogged or presented before.ES2007S helped me achieve the required skills for doing so.

The most wonderful thing about the module was that the classes were full of activities which were fun and exciting. I made a lot of new friends from different country, culture and religion. By talking to all my classmates, I enhanced my inter cultural communication skills.

Thus overall I gained a lot from the module. Of course, this would not have been possible without our supportive and encouraging tutor Ms Lim.She helped me realize my mistakes, criticized me wherever I went wrong and encouraged me to do better and learn more. Thanks maam for all your support, help and guidance.:)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kripa,

    To be honest, when my friend told me blogging is one of the assignment we had to complete...I thought "hey, how difficult can that be since I've been blogging like for 6 years now.."
    I was so wrong especially when we have to apply the 7Cs and restricting to 300 words. I took 1 hour to write my first entry :(

    And I totally agree on how the 7Cs are so important in writing skills especially when it comes to writing essays during exams. Its never about the quantity, rather the quality!

    I do hope you will continue blogging as you have shared interesting personal experiences and I've enjoyed reading those :)

    Its been great having you as a classmate :) All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @zhing
    Thanks for your comments.It was great having you as classmate as well.:)
    I will try and keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kripa,

    That is exactly true that we have made a lot of friends in this module. I feel that the 2x2 hour class every week that this module occupies is my lovely break from the hectic semester.

    It is nice talking to you and I still remember the first time we grouped together to promote a priest to be one of the islander. We did a great job back there.

    Anyway, have fun, enjoy the rest of your NUS life, and all the best for everything!

    Keep in touch.

    Adi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kripa,

    I like how you are able to sum up all of the most important skills we gained from ES2007S, because they sure are important and valuable as you write - to all of us, even though we come from different fields of science.

    I really like how you are always in the best mood and smile all the time :-) I still remember one lunch we had in the beginning of the semester where you told me so many things I didn't knew about Indian culture! And I never got a chance to thank you, so I will now: thank you.

    I sincerely wish you all the best with everything you do!

    Best regards,
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Adi
    Thanks Adi for your wishes!:)

    @annika
    Thanks Annika for your comments and wishes.Welcome!!:)And,I think even I learned quite a few things about Denmark :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kripa,

    Thanks for your contribution to the class! I enjoy having you in my class this semester.

    I'm relieved to know that you are grateful for the learning experience provided by the module. I must admit that not every student take to the heavy workload as positively - I'm glad you did.

    All the best for your examinations and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete